Vision insurance plans cover a wellness exam and glasses or contact lenses. However, many eye problems are considered medical and are covered by your standard health insurance plans such as Humana, UHC, Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Medicare and Cigna. Examples include eye pain, redness, sudden light sensitivity, dry/scratchy/itchy eyes, floaters, flashes of light, lid bumps, eye scratches, removing foreign objects and sudden vision loss. If you have been told you have glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, and dry eye, these can be treated with your medical insurance.
- Learn more about Dr. Monica Brown
- Baymeadows Vision Center is proud to announce the joining of Dr. Monica Brown to the practice!
- Florida Times-Union Profiles Baymeadows Vision Center Patient Who Overcame Near Blindness
- Living better through scleral lenses
- New eye care center treats the otherwise untreatable